Another review on DOME but for the NEW outlet in Mandurah and the lunch menu.
DOME opened a new outlet at Halls Head Parade in Mandurah, right underneath a brand new apartment, overlooking the beach. I was looking forward to going there on this hot summer New Year’s Day (no nicer way to relax than to have lunch & coffee with such a nice view). I was doubly surprised when I realised the apartments above the cafe might be the ones the company I used to work at designed the electrical services for, I remember checking and changing the outdoor lightings, brings back memories.
I’ve always liked DOME as they have really nice sofas you can sit on (as shown). Their coffees and lunch are not bad either. They have a wide variety of drinks and serve both breakfast (reviewed by S.T), lunch and dinner. On this occassion, we ordered for drinks: Chai Latte, Mango Mania, Long Macchiato and Ginger Beer (from Margaret River).
For lunch, we had the following:
- Fish & Chips with Salad (Review: Fish was crunchy and nicely battered, salad is a plus – healthy eating)
- Tandoori Chicken in Turkish Bread (Review: Good amount of chicken sandwiched between toasted bread)
- Calamari Rings & Chips with Salad (Review: Crunchy calamari rings, sauce was creamy and went well with the rings)
- Chicken Pie (Review: I wanted to eat this dish the most but was slightly disappointed with it – looked better in the menu)
- Minestrone Soup (Review: Tasted a bit too sourish – insufficient amount of ingredients in the soup to be filling)
In conclusion, great atmosphere with natural sea breeze and ceiling fans, great food and drinks…a nice place to relax in for a meal…better still, if you purchase one of the apartments above, you can go everyday.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Rating by: N.L.
Address: 11 Halls Head Parade, Mandurah