Following a Vietnamese’s friend recommendation for the best Viet grub in Perth, I found myself in Girrawheen and subsequently in Pho Huynh for lunch one afternoon. The restaurant was crowded, proving its popularity amongst the locals. Venturing inside I found the restaurant to be quite modern and clean. I like!
We couldn’t go past ordering the Vietnamese Iced Coffee ($4) as our beverage. I think this drink is in the “must order” category with each visit, well only if you are a coffee lover I guess. I am 🙂 The Iced Coffee tasted really good, strong and thick. Yum!
For lunch, we had:
- Crispy Skin Chicken with Egg Noodle ($10)
- Spicy Beef Noodle Soup ($10) – Great review on this dish by my friend! She loved it!
- Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Pork, Shredded Pork Skin & Spring Roll ($10) – this was my order and it was amazing! I loved it, tender pork pieces and crunchy spring roll lathered in fish sauce. The veggies on the side were a bonus, the cucumber added a refreshing taste to the dish. I’d ordered this again the second time round too. Huge dish!
- Raw Beef & Beef Ball Noodle Soup ($9)
- Broken Rice with Pork Chop ($9) – a bit plain with just the pork chop by itself but great for those who have a small appetite.
- Broken Rice with Pork Chop, Shredded Pork Skin, Pork-Egg Custard & Omelet ($10) – now this is what I’m talking about, proper Broken Rice with the lot and only a dollar more! Another huge dish!
I was very happy with lunch that day, the food came out quick and they were huge portions at a bargain price! I was so happy that I came back again with my colleagues the following week. They loved it too! Cheap and great eat!