Recently I was privileged to be invited as part of the Perth Food Engineers to attend the Beach Club Summer Launch cocktail party in Cottesloe. The Beach Club, part of the Cottesloe Beach Hotel, is a trendy and sophisticated space designed for ‘guests to catch up with friends, dine and be entertained in style’. I’d been here a couple of times previously for drinks and dinner and loved it both times. I was eager to check out what’s new on the menu this coming summer!
With my welcome drink in one hand, (Perrier Jouet anyone?) we proceeded inside. The place was decked out with masses of bougainvillea, golden accessories and was packed full with people! There was a buzz in the air and festive spirit all round. We settled ourselves comfortably on a table, coincidentally right in front of the bar :p
The main attraction of the night was definitely the cocktails! Well, it is a cocktail party! Here are a few of the cocktails on offer this coming summer!
- Watermelon with vodka and lychee – this was my favorite cocktail of the night as it tasted so refreshing. I could have ordered a few of these! Great combination! The lychee added the perfect finishing touch!
- Cocktail with banana liquer – suitable for those who love their banana!
- The special of the night – the Coconut Cocktail! It came in a whole coconut and garnished with a variety of fruits and Baci chocolate! So good! We waited a long time to get one as it was so popular but it was well worth the wait!
We also managed to get a taste of some of the nibbles from the menu. We had a taste of the:
- Prawns with pineapple and chili lime salsa / Zucchini, goats cheese mini bruschetta
- Melon wrapped in prosciutto / Mini tarts with onion jam / Roasted pumpkin salad
All in all, we had an awesome night at the Beach Club especially being able to sample some of the lovely cocktails! Still thinking of the Watermelon, vodka and lychee cocktail, as well as the Coconut cocktail! Yum!